Best Buy Haul

This Black Friday was the craziest one I have ever done. Best Buy had a couple of things I wanted to try and get. It was advertised that they would hand out tickets at 4:00 a.m. and then open at 5:00 a.m. I figured if I went at midnight I would probably be okay. The problem is they only get 10-15 of each sale item. Around 5:30 I decided to call one of my friends and see if he was going to do it this year as well. He said they got in line at 2:00 p.m. (This is Thanksgiving day) and that there were about 30 people behind him right now. I couldn’t believe it.

I had Sarah run me down there, so I could get in line and then she went back to get Sleeping bags, chairs, and food. The night went pretty quick. We had some nice people from Canada right behind us and we talked the night away with them. We also had Pete the drunk who kept things interesting. He was overly friendly, but wasn’t really a harm to anyone. He must have frightened some other people though because they called the cops on him. I ended up taking him home so he wouldn’t have to go to jail. He had this Sponge Bob water bottle that had a mixture of Hawaiian punch and some form of alchohol that he had been sipping on the whole night.

After all of that we did manage to sleep for a little bit and then 4:00 came. Best Buy started handing out the tickets for the hot items. I was lucky to get all the items I came for. The only thing we didn’t get was a $250 laptop for a friend. We missed that by about 4 people in front of us. Once going inside the store they made it as confusing as possible. I had to go to 3 different lines to get my items and checkout. The store opened at 5:00 and I finally got out of there and finished at 8:30. Here is what I ended up with

Samsung MiniDV Camcorder $129
Canon All in One Printer $20
100 Pack DVD-R $5
4 Pack of MiniDV Tapes $5

We also picked up some stuff for my dad and my sister and a few movies for Sarah.
It was crazy and right now I am telling myself I don’t want to do it again next year, but we’ll see. Right now Sarah and I are both home sick from work and school and I think it is from staying out in the cold all night.


Leave a comment